Public Works Projects
The City of Brunswick Public Works Department has many projects on going at a given time. Some of them you can see in action such as street and
road improvements while others are going on behind the scenes to improve our quality of life. Here are some of the projects that are in progress.
Public Works Department Works Towards Meeting GaNOI Goals
We are hard at work at your Public Work's department on a variety of projects to improve the quality of life in our city, and to keep us in compliance with government regulations.
One of the projects currently going forth is our thrust towards meeting the requirements of our Small Municipal Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit. As part of that requirement
we were required by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) to file a "notice of intent" (GaNOI) in which we outlined "Best Management Practices" (BMP's) to
meet goals agreed to with the Georgia EPD.
These goals consisted of such subjects as:
- Public Education and Outreach on Stormwater Impacts
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Mapping Our Storm Drain System
- Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
- Education for the Regulated Community
We Have Several Ongoing Splost Projects
We are using our share of the SPLOST funds to make improvements to the cities storm sewer systems, streets and sidewalks, and facilities.
Some of Our Current and Future Projects are:
- Storm sewer improvements to Magnolia Park (In Progress).
- Drainage Improvements to "N" Street.
- On-going Sidewalk Construction and Repairs
- Completing the New Public Works Facility
- Many Other Projects in the Planning Stage or Awaiting Funding
For More Information on SPLOST go to the SPLOST page.